Nearly every Bible study on the internet has been plagued by those who choose to promote favorite doctrines and traditions, rather than allow the study group to learn from the Word with the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Such interruptions disturb the flow of the studies and in some cases cause mayhem. For that reason, Rules of Decorum (RDs) are necessary to assure a peaceful and conflict free atmosphere for our studies.
Admin will resolve unwelcome situations according to the following RDs.
1.MEMBERS are required to read RDs prior to posting or commenting on the timeline and before commenting on editing posts, or voting in editing polls.
2. TIMELINE: Introductions, greetings, chatting, prayer requests, brief testimonies and suggestions for doctrinal studies are all encouraged on the timeline.
3. STUDY POSTS: Comments and discussion related to the text in edit are restricted to posts developed by admin for that purpose and may include:
- Study discussions and deliberations
- Truncated copy/paste of excerpts from other Bible versions and approved reference works
- Statements of understanding related to the subject
- Testimony related to the subject
4. COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED anywhere on the site that contain:
- Links to websites that are not a part of the FSB platform.
- Strings of verses put together in an attempt to establish and promote a doctrine in place of allowing normal study discussion and flow.
- Excerpts of commentaries of all types, contemporary or remote, including the talmud.
- Books that are not a part of the accepted cannon, unless adopted under Approved Resources.
- Ministry reports.
- Funding requests.
5. DOCTRINAL DISCUSSIONS are limited to posts in the Scripture-Study group.
6. All words from languages other than English must be followed by the English translation (in parentheses)
7. Quotations from Scripture must be accompanied by: Book, Chapter and Verse.
8. Comments on study posts must remain on topic. It will be a function of Admin to offer separate posts for discussions that are off topic which deserve their own platform.
9. As the community matures, groups will be formed for in depth discussions on original language word studies, figures of speech, punctuation, etc.
10. Proselytizing of any type is banned.
11. Complaints related to abuse of private messaging must be accompanied by a screen shot of the offending message in a Private Message to Admin.
Messages found to be abusive in nature and/or inappropriate will result in the expulsion and blocking of the offending member. All determinations are at the discretion of Admin and without recourse.
12. No type of spam will be tolerated and will be cause for expulsion and blocking. All determinations are at the discretion of Admin and without recourse.
Situations not covered by these Rules will be handled as necessary by Admin, followed by an update to this page. When any substantive change is made, notice will be posted on the timeline.
Last reviewed 1/11/2018