Did Mary, the mother of Jesus, marry her own dad?
Or did the translators make a mistake?
“… and Jacob begat Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.” Matthew 1:16
Strong’s Greek: 435. aner – a man. biblehub.com/greek/435.htm abridged.
Unless Joseph sired Mary and waited till she matured to marry her, this can’t be the case. The word would have been better translated as father. It can be proved by counting the generations.
Not a big deal? No harm, no foul. Perhaps not,
But what of this example?
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.”
It should read:
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other authority under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
No big deal? No harm, no foul? In this case there is harm and foul. The error has led to the development of hundreds, perhaps thousands of denominations based on this error. Wikipedia.
Are there other errors that aren’t harmless? That cause confusion?
Would you like to see for yourself?
Then let me invite you to:
Bring your Bible Study into the 21st Century
Unique Concept Harnesses the Power of the Social Web with a Brand New Study Method.
- Background in Scriptures Not Necessary,
- Special Editing, or Computer Skills Not Required.
- Designed to Accommodate the Babe in Christ, yet Challenge the Scholar.
- Keep Up in as little as 7 Minutes a Day, or 30 Minutes a Week.
MEMBERS will HELP EDIT THE BIBLE and DEVELOP STUDY RESOURCES!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Timeline and *Editing Groups are open in ‘read only’ format, allowing the public to follow.
Completed sections of the online Family Study Bible and associated study resources are free to print for non-profit use. The FSB liberal use policy is defined on the copyright page.
Membership is open to all competent English speaking adults of good will.
Customs and traditions are not a consideration.
Two Types of Memberships.
1. Associate Editors have their own editable profile and:
- Commenting privileges on the community timeline where they may visit and chat.
- ‘Read only’ privileges in all Editing Groups.
- May observe, or take part in studies by comment on designated study posts.
- Vote in editing polls.
- Open invitation to regional Meetup events as scheduled.
- Complete required reading under ‘Other’ on the navigation bar.
- Pass quiz on required reading.
- Agree to follow Rules of Decorum.
- **$1/month member fee.
2. Editors have all of the privileges of Associate Editors and
- commenting privileges in one or more Editing Group,
Plus the option to assist in the development of:
- Word study synopsis’s.
- Doctrinal summary statements.
- Questions for the study resource data base.
- Editing polls.
Requirements: All of the requirements for an Associate Editor plus:
- Member in good standing for 90 days.
- Pass a quiz on all previously edited Scripture.
- $2/month member fee.
*Groups developed for comprehensive work on original language word meanings, figures of speech, culture of the day, etc. **Member fees adjusted to reflect operational costs bi-annually.